Sunday, October 20, 2013

Look what is finished now!

Look, the brick is all finished. Well, almost. The columns on my porch will be brick as well. But other than that the rest of it is done. The soffit and fascia (metal stuff that goes around the brick under the eves, that I really need on my old house so the birds will quit building nests there and waking me up so darn early.)  has been started so the outside will look finished in not very long. The inside is struggling a little but will soon be making great progress. The cabinets are here and should be installed soon.

Outside, we are prepared for cement. Maybe this week, then we will have a driveway, walkway and....stairs. The paint bucket we have used for a step will feel so badly about that. I'll have to find another use for it. The basement floor will be finished soon. It will have a different finish than upstairs but look awesome as well, not to mention being easy to clean. I'm only a little biased on my opinion of the appearance.

The deck has been framed in and barring any unforeseen issues it may be finished this week, except for the railing so I can go on it but won't let anyone who may wander too closely to the edge.

Well the suspense to see what will happen this week has begun. Will it look more like a house? Will I still have any hair in my head when we've finished...only time will tell.

Soffit and Fascia over the garage Brandon chose the color. I think he did okay.




No comments:

Post a Comment