Sunday, November 17, 2013

Trimming more than the Christmas tree

My excitement for Christmas this year has come early. Maybe it's because I've been writing the story for next year's anthology or because we'll have moved into our new house by then. My husband and I have argued about where to put the tree this year. That has never happened before since there was only one real option.

The trim has started going up, and I'm not talking about the tree here. Some of the doors are completely installed others just part so a day a two for that then the painter can get started.

Trim around entry door
As far as my painting...I'm sad to admit...I didn't finish...BUT THE GOOD NEWS. Following an impromptu trip midweek we have shelving for our storage room. That took up an entire evening and some time cleaning it yesterday so I still have a second coat with the edger in the hall and bedrooms upstairs and the bonus room. Barring any unforeseen events, I will be all finished this week. Do you have any idea how happy that makes me? I can't wait to move on to the next project. I don't see an end to those until we've moved in.

All the flooring has been finished the gray of my entry way is gorgeous! Tile has started and I'm eager to see how that will all look as it is finished. All the lights and most of the outlets have been installed. There are only a few left to go and some have to wait until granite, which should be here this week as well. I hope now that it's going it will go strong. Let's see how this week goes.

As far as my Christmas anthology, it should be here this next week so if you'd like to donate to Autism Speaks and get a truly original story, let me know.

My entryway



No comments:

Post a Comment