Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Stairs


Downstairs
I won't say they are done since I may have some touch up that I still need to do. But as everything this too was an adventure.

In the beginning: I opened the can and I saw purple paint. WHAT? I checked the can, yes it said brown molasses (or something like that). Why was it purple? I'm not saying brown with purple highlights I'm talking little girl's room purple. Neon pick merged with royal blue purple. What now? I had purchased the paint a while before I was ready and not checked it, was it mixed wrong? Before stressing too much I stirred. Turns out purple must be the lightest color so it came to the top after a good stir I was ready to go. Who would have thought that purple would be in brown?
Surprise discovery number 2: Floor paint requires 24 to 36 hours to dry between coats. Yeah, I planned on 4 to 8 hours. It took a few extra days, or late nights since I had to do it after the kids went to bed. What do you think? 


Upstairs
The best thing about them. I don't have to drag out a vacuum to clean them. A damp rag and a few minutes is all it takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment