Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tragedy is inspirational


A follow-up post to the last one regarding Elam Jones. While entering his funeral I was asked by a news person for a quote. Caught on the spot I didn't have one but after thinking about it for a while I came up with a great one. Of course the news crews were gone by the time I left the funeral so my brilliant quote remained unsaid. But I think you deserve to hear it.

"The way Elam's family is handling this tragedy is inspirational. Where hatred and bitterness could grow they are cultivating love and faith."

My father worked in a coal mine for 27 years and I never thought about how he risked his life to support his family. The dangers are real in any job. Some offer a larger chance for accidents. So count your blessings. You have lived another day. No one knows when their time will come, so make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment