Friday, June 21, 2013

And so it begins

A rumbling sound came from down the street. It wasn't even eight AM on a summer morning. What could it be? The excavator for our house! YAY! Now the dead tree is gone and the footings have been poured.
 
Four days after the rumble the walls are cocooned inside their forms. A few days later the basement has plumbing and the cement floor is silky smooth.
 
We have some awesome people working on our house!! THANKS Barton Excavating, Parkside Concrete, and Layton Homes. I'm amazed at how quickly it's going but I know it will slow down with the interior. Thinking of, I have to look at my kitchen design again...can we just levitate the microwave?
 
This has all been great fun to watch. My son sat in his camp chair for hours watching them dig and pour, longing to put handprints in the wet cement. I've assured him that he can but not in all the walls. Are we really doing this? The process is so exciting and terrifying. The decisions I make now I will have to live with for the rest of my life.
 
The fascination with this once-in-a-lifetime event hasn't left me a lot of time to write, but I will get on it. HAPPY SUMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment