Sunday, June 30, 2013

I have walls...well kind of.

front view
looking down

In a little over a week my basement is framed, the floor joists are on, and the garage is ready for cement. I'm sure there are a billion other little things they had to do to accomplish all the obvious tasks.

This week they tell me they will start on the upstairs. The temporary stairs they installed are great. Very solid and sturdy. Maybe they were planning for my klutziness by making a safe way for me to climb to the top and look at the wonderful progress. I haven't jumped up and down on the stairs, I save my happy dance for when I'm back on dusty ground. I'll let you know how well it goes this next week. With the holiday it may slow down, I guess we'll see.

 Through all this my neighbors have been awesome about all the noise, dust and extra traffic. I'd make them all cookies but I'm afraid I'd eat too many myself, not to mention the unbearable heat.

 In writing news, I watched a clip by Caroline Clooney that instructed to write. Writing builds on itself and gives you momentum. I can say amen to that. I haven't been writing as much and I can tell, it's harder to put aside work, reading, or just staring at my beautiful house-in-progress to sit my butt down and write. But I will!

Happy Heat Wave!


My awesome temporary stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment