Monday, June 10, 2013

Beautiful Dirt


I'm not an extreme gardener. I like to eat fresh food to I grow it. I have a few flowers in my yard and some struggling strawberry plants. But when a dump truck brought dirt last week I stood on the porch and jumped for joy. What am I so excited about if not to grow things. What else is dirt good for?

To answer, a history lesson. Once upon a time in Ephraim there was a railroad. The railroad track ran right in front of my house. In order to build up the track the railroad bought up dirt from our side of the road leaving is several feet below road level. Now for the answer: In planning to build a house our contractor looked at the lot and said the words I wanted to hear. "We could do a walk out basement." But for it to be a basement I have to have dirt in the front part. That is where the joy regarding the delivery of dirt. One less thing we have to buy in the long and expensive process of building a house.

 YAY Dirt!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment