Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cleaning can be painful


When my contractor started with my house they often worked 10 to 12 hour days. After such a day one of the framers started cleaning up scraps and such. It was eight in the evening. So I started cleaning up. Since then We've voluntarily cleaned up. Sometimes not getting to it until the weekend but I'd rather my workers use the time they are here to work. With all the drilling for the electrical, plumbing, and HVAC we didn't clean this week. The floor was littered with sawdust, metal clippings, pieces of pipe, and the like. It was past time to clean. We pulled out the broom, shovel and buckets. It took much longer than ever before and I now have two large blisters on my hand. I can't complain much. If I'd kept up with it I wouldn't have had to sweep the entire house top to bottom in one evening.

The good news...It's all clean. Much of the electrical, plumping and HVAC is run. Windows and doors hopefully this week, then brick next week. Soon it will look all complete on the outside and the tedious work begins. I'm still pleased with the progress and I hope it will continue without major delays.

 

coming soon..."I can't sleep it's too dark"

1 comment:

  1. Its coming along great Janey. Ready for school to start and get back to work...

    Carol

    ReplyDelete