Monday, August 26, 2013

WOW!! Need I say more

 
Front view (do you like the Transom over my door? Who knew I'd learn a whole new vocabulary?)

Sorry I didn't report last week. School started and I didn't make the time. There wasn't a whole lot to report anyway. The plumping was still a work in progress. The electrical was finished and we have now passed the 4 way inspection (HVAC, plumbing, electrical and gas?).

On to this past week. While my children and I headed back to school/work many obvious strides were made. All the windows and doors have been installed. We ordered our cabinets. (Side note: our cabinet guy sold Karl Malone the cabinets for his house. I learned that last week.)

The brick started going up on the back wall. Then Friday morning I went to work and returned home to see that almost all the sheetrock had been hung. They came back Saturday for a few hours and are ready to tape and mud. I guess there was another inspection today and that can start tomorrow. I'm amazed at how quickly that went up. Good work guys!

Sheetrock all ready for tape.
Anticipated progress for this week: More brick, mud and tape sheetrock...then what??? I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks everyone for your support! And extra thanks to all the awesome workers we've had. Our brick guys is great often the first here and last to leave.


Our brick. The gray over the top is called a lentil. The word brings to mind split peas and the like.
THANKS Capstone in MANTI UT for making them so nice (and quickly).

No comments:

Post a Comment