Saturday, September 7, 2013

My hair isn't that gray...yet

Our brick guy is awesome! He finished the north side of our house this week. I really like how the door looks with the lintel over it. What do you think?

Monday being a holiday I didn't have work so I applied primer to our storage room. We purchased a tinted primer and I was surprised at how dark it was but it made applying it much easier. I finished the storage room and the closet under the stairs and had just enough time to make dinner that night.

When I arrived home from work on Wednesday it was confirmed that the sheet rockers were finished. My husband had Friday off so we asked our contractor if we could start painting. After a phone conversation regarding our doors being back-ordered we rolled out the roller. Thursday night we wiped down the walls. Friday the fun began. In the time I'd spent on two rooms (technically 1.5) we'd put primer on most of the upstairs walls, thanks to our friend Scott Seely, of Dax Welding, who loaned us a sprayer.

Saturday I had some commitments in the morning but we started up again and were able to finish all but a few walls in the basement when night forced us to quit. I'm hoping we can finish both paint and primer this week but with work schedules, who knows.

Bonus room above the garage, just needs the ceiling sprayed.
I am amazed how well the paint washed out of my hair. It's back to it's natural color again. This process may cause my hair to become gray prematurely.


No comments:

Post a Comment