Monday, July 29, 2013

Good ol' fashion barn...er deck raising




As hoped, here is the deck lifting video. The sound is really cool. It creaks like a haunted house door. My contractor lifted it with a cable attached to the back of his truck. I'm sad we didn't get to see it since we weren't home. We missed most of the crane lifting the trusses as well. Man, life gets in the way of watching my house be built.

The roof has been sheeted and the electrical is being run. I have finally been up into my bonus room. The extra space that may have been filled with insulation and used for nothing else has changed a lot of the rest of the house. AND made it more efficient. In the walls will be built in bookshelves and some closets for exercise stuff. I think we'll have a window seat so we can sit up there and read. It sounds so cozy. I can't wait to see it completed.

The HVAC (heating and air conditioning) guys will be starting soon. The electricians have placed most of the boxes and will start running wire soon. We took the time to draw out the kitchen on the floor with chalk. It really helped me have a feel for how things would look. I get more excited everyday!

Updated pictures next week. Who knows what they will do this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment